Welcome! Below you will see all of our current opportunities.
- You will need to have a free Submittable account in order to apply. Here is a quick guide on how to get started if you don't have a Submittable account already: https://submittable.help/submitters/making-new-submissions/how-do-i-submit
- After you have an account you can save a draft of your work and finish filling out the form at a later date.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions or issues submitting at email@example.com
- Please reach out to BAC with any specific questions about the residency program at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Poets!
In recognition of the 27th anniversary of National Poetry Month in April 2023, Bethany Arts Community (BAC) in Ossining, NY is offering its third annual residency focused on poetry.
Bethany Arts Community designs its residencies to allow artists an opportunity to enjoy an environment where artists from different disciplines can work near each other, creating opportunities for cross-pollination, collaboration, and connection. Residents will find both solitude and community with a small cohort of other poets and artists sharing the residency.
For our Poetry Residency, we encourage applications from individual poets as well as poet/artist pairs. Poet/Artist pairs must consist of one poet and another artist in any medium. Poet/Artist pairs must apply jointly and include a proposal for a collaborative project while in residency and CVs for both members of the team.
The Poetry Residency is for one week, Monday, April 3rd to Monday, April 10th, artists are provided room & board, a private studio, 3 basic meals a day, and a $225 stipend upon completion of the residency. Artist is responsible for transportation to and from BAC.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Notifications: February 3, 2023
To check out our grounds, other residency programs, and more visit our website at www.bethanyarts.org.
*If you have concerns about accommodations for your artistic practice, please email: email@example.com
If you have issues using the submission form, please contact Submittable.
Bethany Arts Community residency programs are made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature, and ArtsWestchester.